Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 17:06:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake2'able linux layer in current yet?

> > > I have zero more work to do take it with current's Prima Donas.
> >
> > For the benefit of those who don't know Amancio, allow me to translate:
> >
> > "I have no idea what's wrong but I'm in a bad mood and feel like
> > blaming some vaguely specified 3rd-party for whatever the problem is
> > in hopes that you'll just go away and stop bothering me."
> >
> > Gosh, wouldn't communication be so much simpler if people just said
> > what they really meant? :-)
>
> Is _that_ what he meant?! I was sitting here playing "let's try
> putting a punctuation mark here and see if it makes the statement
> mean anything". I had considered the possibility that the Prima Donas
> might have been a soccer team from some country I've never heard of.

I had trouble parsing it without a colon following the "do".  It
becomes readable, then.

] I have zero more work to do: take it with current's Prima Donas.

I took this to mean that it ran on his machine, and that the reason
it didn't run for the poster was that the patches Amancio did to make
it work for himself have not been integrated into FreeBSD-current.

And that Amancio was slightly miffed about this fact.

Oh, and while we are criticising grammar, he probably should have
put the word "up" before the word "with"; but it's the message that's
important, not the grammar.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---