Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:12:33 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        mckay@thehub.com.au
Subject:   Problem reading multi-session CDROM

I have a number of multi-session CDs that were burned on an NT box.  All
the files in session 1 are present in session 2, plus some extras.  Same
for session 3, and so on.  Normally I can read them in my FreeBSD boxes
without difficulty: the last session is visible to FreeBSD, and contains
all the files.

But now I've found a completely unreadable one.

# mount /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument
#

This CD has two sessions.  But, unlike other CDs, when I examine it with
cdcontrol, it shows 3 tracks.  There is an extra track (of 63 seconds)
between the "real" ones.

What could be in there?  How do I find out?  And, lastly, who do I talk to
to work out how to make these things mountable?

I've verified the CD is not damaged, by successfully reading every file
on a Win98 box (actually a dual boot on the self same FreeBSD box that
is having trouble reading it).

Stephen.