Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 12:27:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: talk (fwd)

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Karl Pielorz wrote:
> Is it me or is basically everyone here either a) Not a big fan of Intel
> (strange considering what FreeBSD runs on ;-)

I would hazard a guess that the people who subscribe to hackers have more
knowledge about what's actually in the box. Does that answer it ?

Besides Intel now own the StrongARM, so we can forget than ever being used
for anything more than a Washing Machine. ;)

> b) Prefers the Motorola? (I certainly do!), and / or c) Largely used to own,
> program, hack on Amiga's? - or at least want FreeBSD to work as well as the
> Amiga did <g>

Hey, there were lots of platforms other than Amiga's, how about Atari's,
the ST didn't do too bad for a while. In the UK Acorns were quite nice and
at the time the IBM AT came out the ZX81 was a possible competitor.

If you watch the industry for too long how can you like it when the worst
contender wins just by better marketing. It's sort of sad.

> All way off topic but interesting following - maybe we should start
> 'nostalgia-freebsd' mailing list? <G>

Good point, I'll shut up now, but I cc'd to chat instead of hackers.

	Steve

Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342
WWW: http://dylan.visint.co.uk/