Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:19:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jason Zimberoff <zim@svs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Add Printer wizard grayed out?

Howdy all.

I just installed Free BSD 5.3 RELEASE on a PC based machine.  It is connected
to the LAN here at work. (Internet connectivity seems to be fine)

After installing KDE (this is the first time for me) I decided to try to
install a printer. (KDE version 3.3)

All the docs say that I should try the "Add Printer Wizard" in the print
manager.  But when I go in there, and click on the "add" button, a drop down
menu appears.

The first choice "Add Printer/Class" is grayed out.
The second line "Add Special (Pseudo) Printer" is available. (But I dont want
to do that)

Question:  what do I need to fix to get the first choice to not be grayed out?

Thanks!

-Zim