Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:48:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Some Person <ntvsunix@hotmail.com>
Cc:        jswarner@uswest.net, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at work

> Any suggestions on how I can actually give them a better idea what it can
> really do and maybe the chance to atleast give it a try. After all, it's
> 100% free!!! This could save my company, as well as our clients lots of
> money!!! Ahhh, drives me nuts thinking of it...

	Yeah, First bring in a machine from home if you can loaded with
FreeBSD first. Load X-Windows, Star Office or Applix and make it look
flashy so that people ask what it is. Once they're aware of it, load Samba
on it and start mapping Windows drives to it. Keep all your inportant
files on it. 'Oh, just a sec, let me go get it off my FreeBSD machine.'
Show people what you've done with it. You'll get a few others interested
in it and together you can slowly get familiar enough with it that someday
someone senior enough can say. 'Well, lets save you $XXXXX amount by using
FreeBSD instead of Windows 3000 Service Pack 17' :)

					Rick