Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:07:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Reifenberger <root@nihil.plaut.de>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, <julian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: filesystem corruption ?

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:29:41 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
> To: current@FreeBSD.ORG
> Cc: Michael Reifenberger <root@nihil.plaut.de>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>,
>      julian@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: filesystem corruption ?
>

> Hi all,
>
> It looks more and more to me that pmap does something wrong.
> I get pmap related vm crashes or corruption, relating in
> filesystem corruption.
>
> I had about 3-4 different panics. Mozilla build tends to prefer
> "panic: bad link count", openoffice prefers page faults in ffs code ;)
>
> But these options here are enabled:
>
> options        DISABLE_PSE
> options        DISABLE_PG_G

Not in my config-file

> After gcc32 was imported. I got panics over and over.
> I looked carefuly that no -march was used, so that
> this could be the reason.

I use -march=pentium3 as CFLAGS
But this doesn't seem to be related.
I have had no application crashes after adding
"options CPU_ENABLE_SSE" to my config-file but this
shouldn't be necessary any longer after some recent commits
for auto detection.

> I use now this option to get a panic even faster ( and to
> get a lot smaller dumps of course ) ;)
>
> options         MAXMEM="(128*1024)"
>
> It cannot be hardware. I've preplaced everthing on this box,
> including the motherboard.
>
> Michael Reifenberger has the same symptoms. I bet he has
> also a PIV.

Wrong bet :-( It's a IBM-A30p notebook using a PIII and 1G main-mem.

Bye!
----
Michael Reifenberger
^.*Plaut.*$, IT, R/3 Basis, GPS