Date:      Tue, 28 May 2013 09:44:09 +0200
From:      Kai Gallasch <gallasch@free.de>
To:        Marc Fournier <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtualbox: time sync

Am 26.05.2013 um 07:03 schrieb Marc Fournier:
>=20
> First, thank you for the answer about switching from straight bridge =
to using a tap device =85 that made a *huge* difference =85 I'm not able =
to actually run a build world within the environment without having the =
whole machine lock up =85

Hi Marc.

Would you share your knowledge of using TAP(4) as an alternative to the =
generic vbox bridge mode?
I cannot find much reference to that, especially when it comes to =
running vbox on FreeBSD.

If you have serveral vbox guests bridged to a physical "--bridgeadapter" =
or to a tap device used as a bridge adapter - is there a way to lock =
down / enforce an ip address for a vbox guest? I don't like the idea =
that someone inside a vbox guests uses ip addresses for the guest, that =
are already in use on the vbox server or uses non-allowed IPs.

One possible solution I thought is to make the switch that the vbox =
server hardware is plugged into, lock down the mac-adress of a vbox =
tap-device to a fixed ip-adresses (if the switch is capable of that)

Kai.=