Date:      Wed, 6 May 2020 15:34:50 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xpdf 4.02,1 core dumps

On 5/6/20 2:51 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
> Hello,
> I am noticing this error with xpdf recently:
>
> $ xpdf
> qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
> qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even
> though it was found.
> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could
> be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
>
> Available platform plugins are: bsdfb, minimal, offscreen, vnc, xcb.
>
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> I've updated to the latest pkg's and tried to reinstall xpdf but that
> did not help.  it looks like xcb-util depends on lots of other
> packages, but it seems like xpdf is the only thing being effected.
> Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks for the replies everyone - as highlighted by Janky Jay and David,
this was a pebkac issue. It's been one of those life^H^H^Hdays :/

interestingly enough the core dump seems to happen when i've ssh'd into
another workstation and try to run xpdf remotely.  running it locally is
fine.

thanks for the quick responses and sanity checks!

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete@nomadlogic.org