Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 12:36:06 -0400
From:      Jerry Hicks <jhicks@rachel.glenatl.glenayre.com>
To:        Marc Giannoni <marc@versa.eng.comsat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CCITT -OR- X.25 networking

Hi Marc,

Those 'bits' have been neglected for a long time and are no longer built with the FreeBSD system.

Although X.25 is still heavily used in some circles (cellular switching applications - IS41 networks, etc),  there hasn't been enough
general use to keep interest alive.

I believe that it would be good for FreeBSD to have some form of X.25 networking available to get some exposure within those markets.

If you are interested in a commercial solution, you might try: http://www.gcom.com

Theirs is a STREAMS based stack.  This is heresy for a *BSD :)

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
jhicks@glenatl.glenayre.com