Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 03:38:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        werner@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lapack port fails in stable

(redirected from -ports, quoted in full)

You're sending this to the wrong list. ;)

The program that's failing is ld, which is not part of lapack.  This
is a hardware problem (my guess) or a bug in -stable.

Satoshi
-------
 * From: Werner Griessl <werner@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de>
 * Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 14:55:52 +0000 ()
 *
 * Today I tried to build the lapack-port from ports/math/lapack .
 * I can reproduce following error:
 *
 * ...
 * ...
 * ...
 * building shared lapack library (version 2.0)
 * Memory fault
 * *** Error code 139
 *
 * Stop.
 *
 * from dmesg: pid XXX (ld), uid 0: exited on signal 11
 *
 * I tried several reboots, the build always breaks on the same place !
 * I run the latest stable from today (Thu Jun 13)
 *
 * Is anybody out there who can build it without problems with stable ?
 * Werner
 *
 *