Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:08:34 +1300
From:      "Geoff Lawn" <lawngf@ihug.co.nz>
To:        <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unknown transient service 1528/tcp

Hi there,

I regularly do an nmap on our server with the following results...

Port       State       Service
21/tcp     open        ftp
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
110/tcp    open        pop-3
443/tcp    open        https

Recently I noticed the following service appear...
1528/tcp    open    mciautoreg

I did another nmap a minute later and the service was no longer there.

Does anyone know what this might be?
Have I been hacked??

Thanks,
Geoff