Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:29:22 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
To:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DANGER: login and friends with libscrypt/libdescrypt

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 08:59:42PM +0200, John Hay wrote:
> Can you explain a bit more what "apparently down" mean please?

I didn't manage to connect on it by ftp when I sent the previous
message. Apparently I haven't waited long enough: connectivity
between France and this machine is just dreadfully slow. That's
why I tried ping which makes checking easier than FTP, but I didn't
know ping is filtered for this machine.

> It seems up to me. I'm logged in on it at the moment and did an

It's up for me too now, but it's extremely sloooooow. I get FTP
timeouts 3 times out of 4.
--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@enst.fr