Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:12:07 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>, isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

> Perhaps the fact that I refuse to sell cards at any price  to any company
> that employs the likes of Jim Dixon has an effect on this opinion?

Am I the only one who finds the very concept of companies who sell
their product based on personal bias to be more than a little
repugnant?  C'mon, Dennis - even someone as notoriously thick-skinned
as yourself should be able to see how incredibly unprofessional, to
say nothing of purile, that last sentence must sound to readers of
this mailing list.

I may have extremely unflattering things to say about Microsoft from
time to time, but they're still more than happy to sell me copies of
Windows if I'm nonetheless forced to buy them, and I daresay that Bill
(if he even cared) would find the concept of one of his detractors
buying his product to be deliciously ironic, and probably some of the
sweetest bucks of all.

I hope that you'll reconsider that statement and possibly retract it.
You're supposed to be a businessman, not the male incarnation of Za Za
Gabor.

					Jordan