Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:29:11 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up: src/games/boggle (tm) will soon be removed from

At 2:25 AM -0600 2/19/98, Terry Lambert wrote:
>> 1 game gone :(
>>
>> N-1 games left to remove 8)
>
>N-1 games + M kernel pieces that infringe on trademarks like "AppleTalk",
>"Adaptec", "Bus Logic", "SoundBlaster", etc..

In the case of "Adaptec", etc. I am certain that we would be willing to
add the usual line that acknowledges it to be the trademark of Adaptec, Inc.,
a California Corporation.

The difference here is that we are not manufacturing SCSI interface cards.
The code which we have that includes their name is meant to work with
"Genuine Adaptec Parts".

In the case of Parker Brothers, it would be argued that the item in question
was meant to replace their game.

Richard Wackerbarth