Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:29:30 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "Mike Nowlin" <mike@argos.org>
Cc:        <hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: USB modem suggestions

Hi Mike,

	Personally, I think that your first option is going to be the best
overall.

	However, you may not need to do that at all, as long as you have a
good sized Ethernet hub.  A company that I've used their products in
the past, Equinox, has come out with a product that will allow you to
control a serial device over an ethernet link.  This way, I believe,
you'd be able to get much better scalability, given that commodity
ethernet hubs/switches are going for pretty cheap these days.

	If you're interested, I could dig up some more information and a URL.

--- Andy