Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:51:00 +0200
From:      walter@belgers.com (Walter Belgers)
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: encrypted swap

Robert Watson wrote:
> > So, I think having the option to use encrypted swap on FreeBSD would be
> > nice. Is anybody already working on this? If not, how do I get somebody
> > to work on it?  ;-)
>
> There has been discussion and substantial interest in an encrypted swap
> interface on the freebsd-security mailing list in the last month or so.

Ah. I guess I didn't use the right search criteria when checking the
mailing lists then. Sorry.

> So the short of it: infrastructure work is under way that should make
> encrypted swap an easy addition in the near future.

The layered approach sounds like a fine one to me. I can wait until
Poul-Henning gets to it :)

Cheers,
Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter@belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"