Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:46:15 -0500
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        se@zpr.uni-koeln.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pci bus timing problems

> From: se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
>        "Re: Pci bus timing problems" (Sep 28, 21:19)
> Well, you might try to remove the outb(,0x0e):
>
> 	oldval = inl (CONF1_ADDR_PORT);
> 	outl (CONF1_ADDR_PORT, CONF1_ENABLE_CHK);
> /*	outb (CONF2_ENABLE_PORT, CONF2_ENABLE_CHK);*/
> 	mode1res = inl(CONF1_ADDR_PORT);
> 	mode2res = 0xff /*inb(CONF2_ENABLE_PORT)*/;
> 	outl (CONF1_ADDR_PORT, oldval);
>
> And retry this modified 1.15 code (it can't stay
> that way, since then mechanism 2 boards rely on the
> outb() to be probed correctly !).

I am starting to think that this isn't pcibus.c related.  I tried booting
the kernel with this fix and it worked.  I then wanted to try and see if
a 1.15 pcibus.c would fail.  It worked just fine, no errors, everything
seemed to go just fine.  Video capture was working, sound was working, life
was good again :-).  I was a little curious as to why the change from pcibus
1.14 -> 1.15 didn't work last week, but worked this week.

Then I moved the mouse into an xterm window and I got the dreaded sig 11 and
my xterm window went away.

I just resupped up a new kernel (mine was a few days old) and I am recompiling
the kernel as well as a make world (which was also a few days old).  This
should take most of the day.

	-Jim