Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 22:36:19 -0700
From:      Brian Nelson <brian.nelson@corp.pocket.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ypserv/RPC/NIS master setup suckage...

Ok, I found the problem.  It was that damned "auto" interface that screwed
me up.  I manually added lo0 and all is well.

I am having a new problem with NIS now.  I manually added a user to
/var/yp/master.passwd -- then I ran a make.  then I did the
/usr/libexec/ypxfr passwd.byname and byuid on the slave...  then
I yppasswd'd this new account.  I cannot seem to log in as this account.
Am I doing something wrong?  I can SU to the account, and if I try to
change the password then I have su'd to that account, nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.  thanks in advance!