Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:13:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        xcllnt@mac.com
Cc:        usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB2+umass: root mount fails

In message: <ACB7DFF1-6C8E-4936-9BD9-BB2FD375F3BB@mac.com>
            Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com> writes:
: Before I dig into the code, what's the current status of
: root mounts on USB mass storage devices?

First, there's a kludge-o-round that is similar to your "sleep 10"
that you've added.  It loops waiting for more devices to show up if
the desired root file system hasn't appeared yet.

There's no way for hot-plug busses to tell the kernel "I've tried my
best to enumerate everything on my bus, and I'm done"

Warner