Date:      Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:15:08 -0700
From:      Jacob Switzenberg <jswitzy75@netscape.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   CUPS printer selection in KDE stop working

Does anyone know how CUPS uses it's backend?  I have an Epson C80
attached to a USB port and after the initial install of FreeBSD 5.2.1
(I've tried 4.9 and the same thing happens as described further), I can
choose a local USB printer through the Add Printer/Class of the KDE
Printing Manager using the CUPS printing system.  Before I add the
printer I install CUPS-PSTORASTER (which installs its dependencies ie.
GHOSTSCRIPT, ESPGS, etc.) and GIMP-PRINT (for the C80 PPD) and at some
point I lose the ability to choose the local USB printer selection in
the KDE Printing Manager, all of the selections are grayed out with only
"Other printer type" and "Class of printers" available.

Any ideas of what is going on, or what has happened?

I've tried deinstalling CUPS-BASE (through make deinstall) and then
reinstalling, installing CUPS-BASE/PSTORASTER 1.20, upgrading to KDE
3.2, but the options remain grayed out.

I apologize if this is the wrong list to post this in.

Jacob