Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 1999 13:13:41 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Kiril Mitev <kiril@ideaglobal.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vinum disk has gone AWOL, help!

Try fsck -b 32 <filesystem>.

If that fails, try fsck -b <another number> <filesystem>.  To get
the other block numbers for alternate superblocks, use newfs -N,
which will go through all of the motions of creating a filesystem,
e.g. print the superblock numbers, without actually creating a
filesystem.  If this fails, you're pretty much hosed.

Open Systems Group          Internet:  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Province of BC
                      "e**(i*pi)+1=0"