Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:57:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Stormy Henderson <stormy@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2nd stupidiest thing I could ever do.

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Stormy Henderson wrote:

> A happy camper (BEAUPRE Antoine, beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA) once wrote...
> >> reinstall source if you can just get a bootable kernel. You will need
> >> some build tools. I don't know if boot.flp has cc and such.
>
> > Hmmm. I tried the install floppy and the only shell I was able to have
> > was the "emergency holographic shell". But maybe the fixit floppy should
>
> Sorry, but rebuilding your system from source is not feasible.  The tools
> required probably wouldn't fit on 10 floppies.

But the install floppy is single! I can still download the minimal
distribution?

What tools exactly would be needed?

It should be possible to mount my system somehow! I tried to mount some
stuff but it gave me permission denied's or file not found.

I will give back some output as soon as I make new tests.

> Be happy...

Thank you everybody!

|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |