Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 12:27:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        FREEBSD-SECURITY-L <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Possible to block ARP?

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Nate Williams wrote:

> If you don't have access to those machines, then there's no easy way
> of 'selectively' responding to ARP requests depending on the
> originator.

    Hmmm, that would have been optimal, but your suggestion of
publishing a fake ARP entry should work well enough.  I'd only have to
worry about routers that can show their ARP cache, but not let you
override them.  Users don't (shouldn't) have admin access to those
boxes anyway...
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.