Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:33:02 -0200
From:      Fred Souza <fred@storming.org>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppoe broken (for me)

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

> I cvsuped yesterday and now I'm cut off from the net with
> my home machine.
>=20
> the tun0 (DSL) link doesn't come up. All I can see is:
>=20
> Dec 12 19:01:03 www ppp[237]: tun0: Warning: Cannot create netgraph socke=
t node:
>  No such file or directory
> Dec 12 19:01:08 www ppp[237]: tun0: Warning: tdsllink: PPPoE: unknown host
> Dec 12 19:01:08 www ppp[237]: tun0: Warning: tdsllink: PPPoE: unknown host
> Dec 12 19:01:08 www ppp[237]: tun0: Warning: tdsllink: Device (PPPoE:sis0=
) must
> begin with a '/', a '!' or contain at least one ':
>=20
> in the logs.
>=20
> Help!

  That looks just like the error I got here when I recompiled the
  userland ppp with a fresh source-tree, but the kernel was old (kernel
  was from oct 26, the source-tree in question was of yesterday).
 =20
  I even tried recompiling only libnetgraph, because I knew recompiling
  kernel + world would take forever on my box, but that didn't help. I
  had to follow UPDATING instructions and install a newer kernel, then
  boot it up before installing world. That fixed the ppp problem for me.

  Fred

--=20
"To a New Yorker, the only California houses on the market for less than
a million dollars are those on fire.  These generally go for six hundred
thousand."
		-- From "East vs. West: The War Between the Coasts"

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--