Date:      Sat, 6 May 2000 19:18:11 -0700
From:      "Paul D Kruse" <paul@pcslink.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MRTG / Cisco 3810

We have recently upgraded the IOS on our Cisco 3810 from 11.3 to 12.0.  This
router handles our DSL connections.  The reason we upgraded the IOS was
because we wanted to provide PPP access to our customers, in addition to the
Bridged access we already had.  Well in the process, MRTG, which runs on one
of our Free BSD boxes, quit working for the subinterfaces on this router.
The upgrade of the IOS converted the Serial2.32 interface to ATM0.32.
Originally, we were monitoring / graphing down to the PVC level.

I've used 'snmpwalk' to try to get the proper numbers to monitor the PVCs,
but I'm not sure I would fully know how to use these numbers anyway.  So
far, Cisco's tech support has been no help at all.  Hopefully one of you
guys can provide some insight.

PDK
Paul D Kruse
paul@pcslink.com