Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 1995 07:41:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      David Poole <davep@extendsys.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MSoft TCP/IP article

  Thought everyone might enjoy this.

-----------
>From the 6-Mar-95 issue of Infoworld
(reproduced without their permission).

Windows for Workgroups has a breakthrough not even a shrink could love.
Robert X. Cringley

  "Want to experience your own feeling of absolute power?  Run Windows
for Workgroups 3.11 with sharing enabled, then install Microsoft's TCP/IP
stack and connect to the Internet by router or modem.  Finally, go to
Connect under the File menu and see how many PCs are available to link
to.  Depending on how your fire wall is working (or not) you may find
*hundreds* of workstations available for connecting all over the country.
  "The friend who told me about this had perused with impunity hard disks
at Microsoft itself, then told them.  When Microsoft finally came up with
an answer, they called it an undocumented feature of the product."

David Poole                       Networking under Dos is like
davep@tommy.extendsys.com         adding a fifth leg to a cow.
Extended Systems, Inc.                      -me