Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:41:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Robert Swindells <rjs@ren.fdy2.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: user mode linux?

Robert Swindells writes:

 > Andrew Gallatin wrote:
 > >Alas, its not that simple.  mmap() is simply failing.  Nothing is
 > >printed to console.
 >
 > Is it trying to mmap() to an address that is already used by malloc
 > or shared libraries ?

According to the debugging output I enabled, its doing:
	  mmap: 0, 1785856, 3, 0x00000001, 3, 0

I think this corresponds to:
	  mmap(NULL, 1785856, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, 3, 0)

Ie, mapping an address of 0 shared should get you back whatever the
system feels like giving you.  In fact, I've written a toy test
program to duplicate the system calls involved with this file, and I
can't seem to make a toy linux binary fail..

Thats what makes me think I'm missing something earlier on in the
trace.

Drew