Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 23:13:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing Oracle 8.1.6 on FreeBSD-STABLE

There is an article on installing 8.1.6 by installing it on a RedHat LINUX
box onto an NFS-mounted FreeBSD directory.  The article is at

http://maxel.gs707.com/oralin/orabsd.html

and has quite a bit of information, although the author (Stacy Millions)
does not claim that it is a step-by-step guide.

I've had two other messages stating that this method worked (for one) or
did not work (the other).

Millions was unable to get dbassist to work, and is not sure how memory is
allocated when the LINUX version runs under FreeBSD (I would assume this
would work through the FreeBSD LINUX emulation, but I have no idea how
that works).

Mike Squires