Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:05:15 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        ticso@cicely.de, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>, Jay Cornwall <jay@evilrealms.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB stack / configuration 0

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 18:47, Bernd Walter wrote:
> > When setting a USB device to configuration number USB_UNCONFIG_NO (i.e.
> > 0), the device goes into an unconfigured state with an invalid
> > dev->cdesc. How does one then leave this unconfigured state and
> > reconfigure the device to accept configuration changes? (all
> > USB_SET_CONFIG changes are currently refused after going into
> > configuration 0 - I'm not sure if this is the desired behaviour or a bug)
>
> I have to read the docs first bevor making a qualified comment about
> this.

I'm not 100% sure if this applies, but..
There are certainly situations where you want to reenumerate the USB devices,
for example there are a number of devices which have no real firmware - they
expect to be programmed by the PC then reset and reenumerated after being
plugged in.

I have such a device (M-Audio Mobile Pre USB) and I have modified USB audio
code which works except that you need to manually reset the device without
removing power (which is done by partially removing and then reinserting the
USB connector).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5