Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 20:14:42 -0600
From:      "Erik Moe" <ehm@concentric.net>
To:        <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with QLogic SCSI

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To: Erik Moe <ehm@concentric.net>
Cc: scsi@FreeBSD.ORG <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Friday, January 22, 1999 12:04 PM

>Huh! This is a new one on me entirely!
>
>Something is really broken here- this is an ASYNC code (8003) that says
>that the Qlogic cannot transfer an IOCB from system memory.
>
>This must be really bunged up. What kind of system? What's in it?
>
>And what *might* be happening (which would be *really* annoying) is if
>bus_dmamem_alloc is allocating something that spans pages, although I
>doubt that what you see would be the symptoms if this were the case.
>
>-matt

The system is an AMD 486 100Mhz with 16Meg of RAM.   The motherboard is
built around the SiS 85c496/497 PCI chipset.  There are three cards
installed: a generic ISA VGA card, a SMC ISA Ethernet adapter, and the
QLogic (isp) PCI adapter.  There is one SCSI hard drive (Conner CP3540) and
a 4mm SCSI tape drive (HP).
I recently threw this system together from some spare parts I was
collecting.

Erik