Date:      Sun, 03 Jul 2016 14:15:15 +0300
From:      "Andriy Voskoboinyk" <s3erios@gmail.com>
To:        "Kurt Jaeger" <pi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kismet, which cards are supported ?

Sun, 03 Jul 2016 13:54:53 +0300 =D0=B1=D1=83=D0=BB=D0=BE =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=
=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=BE Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>:

Hi!

Automatic mode switching is not supported since r178354; you should  =

manually
create an interface with required mode:

ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev <dev> wlanmode monitor up

or just put this to rc.conf(5):

wlans_<dev>=3D"wlan2"
create_args_wlan2=3D"wlanmode monitor"
ifconfig_wlan2=3D"up"

> Which devices do support radiotap operation and what is radiotap  =

> operation ?

AFAIK, radiotap(9) support is implemented in all wireless drivers.

  =