Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:40:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk, rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ABIs and 5.x branch: freeze kernel module ABI at 5.0 or 5.1?

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0211262328210.57127-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
: which is why I think we should reserve some fields now...

How about a 'strawman patch' that can be evaluated?  Simply stating
that we should add some fields is like being for motherhood and apple
pie.  You can't argue with it, but at the same time women die in
childbirth and too much apple pie can cause obesity.  What's good in
the abstract might be less good in the concrete in a few edge cases...

Warner