Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 13:41:33 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hasty@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: Whee - I've got my MBONE feed..

>  1. Crank up sound card (SB16), make sure it at least works from the /dev/audio
>     viewpoint.  Don't know of SB16 will *work*, but at least I know I can
>     deal with audio on a fairly generic level.
>
>  2. Go on hunting expedition to ftp.ee.lbl.gov and grab wb, sd, vat and nv.
>
>  3. Bring up sd..   Nothing...  Wait..  Ok, here they come!  The House and
>     Senate are both yacking away, there's a couple of general meetings,
>     Hmmmm.  Ah!  World Radio something - and it's transmitting!
>
>  4. Click on World Radio something..  Up comes VAT.  Hmmmmm.  A bunch of
>     people down the left hand side..  Listening?  Hmmm.  I can select them,
>     there's a radio channel "broadcasting" since I can click shift-left and
>     see the packets fly in.  But nothing on the speaker!  No audio!  Foo!

I think only the GUS card (with Hasty patches) will give you vat output.
I am afraid that these changes will not work will with 2.0-0322-SNAP sound
file changes, but I have not dug into that to check.

>  5. Click on lecture at University of Illinois..  Up comes nv.  Information
>     about grabbers, video transmit bandwidth, blah blah..  No pictures!  No
>     sound!

check the IETF conferences, they had video this morning.

>  6. Play with about 5 other things, briefly joining a shared whiteboard at
>     Cisco (only member - went away again), basically a wash-out.  Nothing feeps,
>     flashes or jumps out of my computer except the noise of me softly clicking
>     on the mouse.

the cisco group has always been idle (at least everytime I popped it open.

now we have to write video drivers so we can electronically moon each other.
I still have not heard back from Matrox about what kind of information they
are willing to provide for drivers. we have loaner intel capture boards
(for a DOS conferencing tool) maybe I should start bugging them.

we have all the pieces for a FreeBSD "bird of a feather" meetings.

--mark.