Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:26:39 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Chern Lee <chern@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD-R/DVD-RAM Attempts

Chern Lee wrote:

>Has anyone explored the current DVD-R/DVD-RAM drives and their
>compatibility with FreeBSD?
>
>Are there any workable solutions for DVD-R/RAM creation under FreeBSD?
>
>Taking a glance at cdrecord/cdrtool's webpage, they apparently have some
>cdrecord+ProDVD product, but no FreeBSD binary.
>
>Any stories success/failures anyone would care to share?

I haven't tried it yet, but I've been in contact with Joerg Schilling
and hopefully
he will be compiling a FreeBSD version of cdrecord+ProDVD soon.  I also
spoke
with Soren Schmitt (who wrote the ATA CD burner for FreeBSD) and he said
he'll
be happy to write a DVD burner for FreeBSD as soon as someone donates a DVD
burner that he can use to test it.

Hope this helps,
Bill Moran