Date:      Fri, 17 May 96 00:04:57 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@i-2000.com>
Subject:   Suggestion for FAQ pages

When I started getting acquainted with FreeBSD I new about virtual
consoles because I had seen a work-mate changing virtual consoles
in Linux.

When I need to increase the number of virtual consoles I tried the
FAQ and the handbook. At that point I didn't know that those
"screens" where called "consoles" so I spent a long time to find
the related information. Today it just HIT me that when I was
searching I did try "virtual screen" but found nothing. I went to
check FAQ and to my surprise both of the topics related to
virtual consoles don't have the word screen.

To people familiar with Unix console may be a common term, but
for the rest of us we think of screens.

I would like to recommend that in the section "how do I access a
virtual console" a brief explanation be included of what is a virtual
console and include the word "screen" somewhere so someone
doing a search will find it. Another possibility is to change the
header to "how do I access a virtual console/virtual screen" or
something simmilar.

Some people familiar with Unix may find it a bit silly that
you would include the definition or use the word screen,
but the FAQ is not meant primarily for them.