Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 11:09:04 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

In article <15863.861457855.kithrup.freebsd.chat@time.cdrom.com> Jordan writes:
>Note that the underlying product was still an unholy P.O.S. (no
>expansion of that acronym should be necessary)

I've never liked point-of-sale terminals, myself.

>(IBM
>was still having schizophrenia problems with its OS/2 strategy

I'd like to point out that OS/2's early problems stemmed from it being a
uSoft product originally.  But when Windows 3.0 took off (and 3.0.1 because
actually usable by people), uSoft decided they did not want to deal with
OS/2 anymore, and left it on IBM's doorstep.  Which is kinda a pity -- the
286-centric OS/2 sucked dead blue donkeys%, but given that it came from
uSoft, I'm not surprised.  IBM did a good job of improving it, I always
thought, a couple of years later.

Sean.
-----
% A hapence if you can identify th esource of that phrase.