Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 05:38:08 +0100
From:      Oliver Fuchs <oliverfuchs@onlinehome.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD logo design competition

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005, stheg olloydson wrote:

> P.S. Many cultures, such as the Japanese, think that "you get what you
> pay for", so having the name FreeBSD is no different from being named
> ShiteBSD. I am looking forward to the competition to rename the OS.

The name also has to be changed:

Free: for free - what are about the people in jail using FreeBSD
re: for re - what about all the "contra" and "bock"
B: countrycode for Belgium - what do people living in luxemburg think
SD: for South Dakota or Sudan - what do the people in North Dakota think?

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit