Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 14:38:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      zoonie <zoonie@myhouse.com>
To:        David Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN Terminal Adaptor recommendation

On Fri, 29 May 1998, David Babler wrote:

> Hmmm, honestly hadn't thought of *originating* the connection to the
> customer or making my end reconnect if/when the connection got dropped.
> Not sure how whatever he has on his end would respond, though - is this
> the normal way of handling dedicated connections? This isn't a
> point-to-point leased line, it's just an unpublished number.

you should have the customer dial into you instead originating the
connection.  treat it like a dedicated POTS dialup.  my experience with
TAs was with my own home system dialing into my hub site and i have gotten
rid of that setup.  i didn't think that setup was good for customers
unless they were technical.  i have all of my ISDN customers use ISDN
routers and they are all configured to dial into us, we never dial out.
the routers are also configured to keep the connection pegged so if it
does get dropped for some reason it only takes seconds to dial back in
(these are all dedicated ISDN).