Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 04:16:04 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Aaron Long-Jordan <alongjordan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Doc Project Assistance -- I am interested

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:17:10PM -0800, Aaron Long-Jordan wrote:
> I am interested in assisting with the FreeBSD
> Documentation Project. However, I am not sure what
> help I can offer. I am fluent in HTML 4.0. I am not
> the most experienced user/sys admin, but I am capable.

  Since you are fluent in HTML it should be very easy to learn
DocBook.  Please browse through the FreeBSD Documentation Project
Primer, available online at :

	http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

  You don't have to become a SGML/XML expert to help out.  If you find
areas where the documentation is lacking, you can submit the material
in text or HTML and someone will convert it to DocBook for you.  There
are also a lot of updates for man pages in the PR database.  You may
want to browse bugs.freebsd.org (search for bugs that 'freebsd-doc' is
responsible for).

  In short, we'd like your help however you can offer it. ;) Please
read through the Doc Project Primer, and some of the documentation
bugs to see what you'd like to work on.  Then email us if you have any
more questions.

    Thanks,
    - Murray

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ