Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:58:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   YA EtherExpress?

While I was searching for information on fast ethernet (specifically,
whether it's always switched, or can be shared), I came across the
following:

   The EtherExpress PRO/100 Smart Adapter is an intelligent server card
   for Fast Ethernet networks. The PRO/100 Smart Adapter comes with an
   on-board Intel i960 processor that offloads the host CPU and delivers
   even lower CPU utilization and faster throughput than the standard
   PRO/100 Adapters. The PRO/100 Adapters has a PCI bus and a NetWare
   driver co-developed by Intel and Novell for optimal performance.

   Price: $895
   Version: PILA8485

Has anyone heard of this?  Is there any point to it?  Does FreeBSD
support it?

(If anyone knows the answer to my fast ethernet question, that'd be
great too.)

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."