Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2010 05:57:30 +0300
From:      Akephalos Akephalos <akephalos.akephalos@gmail.com>
To:        Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, avg@icyb.net.ua
Subject:   Re: CPU problems after 8.0-STABLE update

Thank you for your replies. Sadly, I must say that I currently don't have
the system installed at all so i won't be able to test the issue any more.

@Andriy: I checked dmesg for RTC (with grep -i) and is was not there. Among
the messages it seemed that the system detected my dual CPU type and stuff.
There was something containing 'rtc', possibly 'atrtc' what Attilio asked
for, but it's irrelevant as long as I don't remember the message - it didn't
seem to e an error.

@Attilio: my CPU is AMD Turion 64 X2. Because I don't have FreeBSD installed
any more, I can't tell you the report, I am very sorry, my computer was not
usable as a workstation (port-related) and I was forced to uninstall to try
something else.

I think the problem can be replicated on any computer with this processor,
it happened to me for two times, once updating to CURRENT and once to
STABLE, through buildkernel/world, hopefully someone else will be able to
provide the feedback.

Thank you!
Mihai