Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:48:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.3-R lockup with Xircom RealPort REM56 (non-cardbus)

I'm working with 4.3-RELEASE on my Compaq Armada M700 laptop.  I have a
Xircom RealPort REM56G (the non-cardbus type) ethernet/modem card.

When I tried the install, it would lock the system with the card in the
PCMCIA slot.  I removed the card and finished the install, but now
whenever I put the card in, the system freezes.

The card works under both Linux and Windows on this laptop, so I don't
think it's hardware.

This card should work under 4.3-R, from what I can tell.  Does anyone have
any pointers?

--Wade