Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 1996 05:56:21 +0000
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: calcru: negative time:

> >> This is caused by hardclock() interrupt latency.  The problem is
>
> >My i386 has really high numbers here.
>
> Highly negative numbers?  They can't go more than 10000 usec negative
> on i386's due to the causes that I know about.

Generally in the ~5000 range (+/-3000) and occasionally >>10000.

> >Could this be a spl<something() botch ?
>
> Probably a splhigh botch.

It seems to be connected to fork/exec on my mach.

How about ESDI disks, could they monopolize the cpu on slow systems ?

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.