Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:05:12 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Maile Halatuituia <maile.halatuituia@tcc.to>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WiFi HotSpot

--------------enig934F1B01C2E6037AEB502F2F

On 18/10/2010 20:53, Maile Halatuituia wrote:
> Anybody  have a hint how to implement software as an internet hotspot.
> OpenBSD based.=20

Sorry -- this is FreeBSD.  OpenBSD is next door.

As to your question, I suggest asking those awfully nice chaps at Google
about "wifi infrastructure mode" and "wifi ad-hoc mode", possibly with a
few extra search terms to zero in on the implementation details in
specific OSes.

Wotthehell, wotthehell: I shall make it easy for you:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-wireless.html

Summary for management: Acting as a WiFi access point is possible if you
buy the right hardware, but the fastest speeds suffer from a general
lack of hardware support at the moment.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20