Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 12:57:39 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: msdosfs serious performance problem with recent 4.5-STABLE

Hello!

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> What's a reason of very slow writing to msdosfs (FAT32)?
> I get no more than 350Kb/s with recent 4.5-STABLE.

 Using "systat -vm 1" you can see that msdosfs reads/writes are too short
(their size are no more than cluster size AFAIK), and this increases number
of I/O requests and limit performance. I don't know why msdosfs behaves so,
it was always worked in this way ;(

Sincerely, Dmitry

Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua