Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 2001 13:40:35 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: troff to postscript at A4?

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> The -t option passes it through groff which uses the postscript
> device as the default device.  Postscript defaults are set
> in /usr/share/groff_font/devps/DESC your going to have to
> do your mucking about in there.  The /etc/printcap options are
> meaningless.

That's to muck? All that leapt out was 'paperlength 792000'. I
believe it was scale 1000 and 72 something turning it into 11.
Probably inches, but who knows?

Since A4 is about 11.7" I could change that to 842400 and see what
happens. It does not account for pagewidth, though. It's also
unclear if this option is communicated to troff.

Ah well, can always pass the -g so at least it'll be centered.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.
Nisser home -- http://nl.Nisser.com/