Date:      Sun, 09 May 1999 18:19:04 +1000
From:      Gavan McCormack <tetragon@bitey.cyber.com.au>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS question..

Tom wrote:
> On Sun, 9 May 1999, Gavan McCormack wrote:
> > I have been hearing around that NFSv3 is the only 'good' NFS, and so far no
> > free Unixen have v3 implemented yet. I guess we will just have to wait.. :/
>   This isn't right either.  FreeBSD has had NFSv3 for quite some time.  It
> just needs more testing.

I assume you mean in -CURRENT? This is the -STABLE list remember. :) Still,
good to know that v3 is being worked on and will be in there once all the
issues are worked out. (Almost tempted to switch to -CURRENT, but I think I
will resist that temptation.)

On a side note, I have to say that the SYSV-ish NFS under Linux, though it
can export on a per-directory basis, seemed to have its own quirks and
problems when I used it. Its been a little while now, but I think I would
prefer to live with the tested NFS under FreeBSD than try to hack in the
Linux NFS. After all, thats why I run -STABLE..