Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:32:34 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

J. Dixon..making stuff up

>> > Other problems: the logic for each port is on a small daughterboard.
>> > This is held in only by friction.  There is a device below one of the
>> > daughterboards -- the one for port 0, unfortunately -- that is too
>> > high (because it is socketed), so you can't get the daughterboard all
>> > the way in without causing it to bow.  Then over time it gradually works
>> > its way out.

You are so full of sh*t I can smell it over the net. Where do you have
your router, in a dump truck? We sold thousand of cards with the
old daughtercard and never did one ever "work its way loose", for
christ's sake...there was never a problem....we changed it because
some people didn't like the way it looked.....it was NEVER a problem

db