Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 17:06:00 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        wollman@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for <ipaddr>

I've just made a 2.1-stable snapshot as a test and this is what I get
on the console (repeatedly) on the newly installed system (the ipaddr
in question is my gateway box).

I've verified that all the network parameters are set up correctly,
and they also worked just fine for the FTP install, something which
required a DNS request through my gateway to be successful.  Now that
the system is fully up, I can't even ping the gateway address (though
I can ping other hosts on the same wire - weird or what?)

Any clues?  Again, everything about this machine's /etc/sysconfig is
identical to what it would be (modulo 2.2-isms like rndcontrol) after
a 2.2 snapshot install, yet for 2.2 it works and in 2.1 it doesn't.
It really does look like a genuine bug in -stable.

					Jordan