Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:11:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>
To:        wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AlphaServer 1000 NCR810 Raid help needed

> > 	Bus 00	Slot 13: DAC960	Scsi Raid Controller
> > 					dra.0.0.13.0
> >

> 		^--- that is the Mylex RAID card I mentioned.

	Yea. I didn't realize it was in there. The boot showed the
NCR so I was barking up the wrong tree.

> > I tried to install on mlxd1 since thats the single disk. The
> > mlx0 message says to use 2.42 or later, mine is 2.36-0-00. How do
> > I upgrade?
>
> Pff. Long ago. I think the latest rev for alpha is 2.73
>
> I have no idea (anymore) how the f/w upgrade worked.

	Anyone? Anyone?

> There used to be a standalone Raid Config Utility floppy (the RCU) for
> Alpha.  Lemme see if I can find it. If yes, I'll mail it to you

	Ok, thanks. I found references to this, but never could find anywhere
to D/L it from. Could it be also why I can't install onto that single disk,
that its returning something to FreeBSD that it doesn't take well (Like what
the HECK is RAID-7?!).

	I guess I'm sorta in standby mode, huh?

		Thanks for this much,

		Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.